Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Had a Long Hiatus.

Coming back to my blog after almost a year, not easy.  So I'm going to make a quick summery of last year.

Summer was hard, I spent every weekday morning checking job sites and applying to jobs. Sometimes I checked in the evenings too. I had to drop a summer metals casting workshop cause I couldn't afford the materials.  Tried a couple festivals to sell items, pretty well flopped. I sold NOTHING at one of them.  Started my business, tried Artfire.  Art Fire went to a subscription that my shop didn't have the income to cover so I closed the shop in Oct.     In Aug I finally landed a Job, It was my first interview.   Full time  employment, I suddenly never saw my studio and became sick all time.   In Oct I became suddenly so ill after they installed new carpet in the building that I had to have a CT scan and multiple Dr. visits. Took well over a month to become healthy again. In the mean time I worked from home. Unfortunately due to circumstances, beyond my control, I was forced to resign from that position in Dec.  Nuff said about that epic learning experience.

Now I recently found new employment. It's right in my field of expertise.  Yes, the hours are less and so is the pay but I love this job, the co-workers, the customers and I have time to get my own stuff going in my studio!   Plus, I'm not sick all the time anymore.   I feel the depression finally going away and feeling my worth again.  My husband is also finally on first shift!   the past couple weeks have been spent moving my fiber studio and other fine arts things out of the upstairs as the bedroom is now all one room, upstairs.  The room previously housing the bed is becoming a cozy little fiber/craft studio.  I have a couple new book cases to help in all this re-organization of studio and living spaces too.  Some things went all the way to the basement studio, others to the fiber studio. I still have some things to sort out and put away, but I'm very excited over it all.  I'm finding things I've not seen in months!!! Cause they where stowed away in a bin or what not.   Woot. 

Moving on

With the new fiber studio I was able to quickly set up a small photo shoot and finally updated my WIP's in Ravelry. I also added a couple things to my stash.   Did that just a couple hours ago.. I'm on a roll!   I've also fairly well decided what I'm going to do for a dissertation project in Nerd Wars T4. I should still be in Team 1up. I didn't choose another for this upcoming round.   I'm thinking of doing the Aeolian Shawl by Elizabeth Freeman. I'm leaning towards using a skein of Vally Yarns alpaca silk I have that I need to over dye first. 

Last Tuesday Hilary (Hippie Penguin) and I made a recent podcast recording in my new fiber space,
Link to the Hippiepenguin site, the next recording should be next week if I'm not scheduled to work. Cross your fingers!   I'll see about cross posting the podcast here in the future when we cast.

~Coppermoth

1 comment:

Evanita W Montalvo said...

YAY for new job and new fiber room :D I'll be checking your new photos in a bit!

Post a Comment